Sipco develops and commercialises coating solutions intended for the hydrocarbons, water, industry and building markets.
Knowledge of markets, the development of high performance technologies, a reactive organisation and technical support are just some of the strengths that position Sipco as a leading player in the anticorrosion and functional coatings sector.
History – Some key dates
For more than 30 years, SIPCO has been protecting the future:
- 1982 SAUDI INDUSTRIAL PAINT COMPANY LIMITED (SIPCO)
Began operations in Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, through a Joint Venture of Mohd. Al Kafra Group (PAINTCO) with Brink Molyn BV, Holland.
- Approved by Saudi Aramco for protective coatings.
- Became one of the major suppliers of protective coatings for industrial and off-shore industries.
- Started sealants production for civil constructions in collaboration with Den Braven (Holland).
- 1984 SIPCO merged with AKZO COATINGS (Holland) with technical collaboration with DEVOE MARINE COATINGS CO. (USA), one of the longest established American paint manufacturers of protective and marine coatings.
Launch of heavy duty epoxy coatings
- Started supplying major companies under SABIC, ARAMCO & ROYAL COMMISSION
- 1993 Under Al Muhaidib Group partnership, SIPCO expanded its range with decorative, adhesive, can & coil coatings and printing inks.
- 2005 A joint venture was created between two companies (SIPCO and DYRUP) under UNITED INDUSTRIAL INVESTMENT COMPANY (UNIVEST) management, to establish it as a leading paint manufacturer in the Kingdom.